Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Raymarine electronics

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Raymarine electronics

Postby g36 » June 20th, 2017, 9:10 am

i can help with your wiring route. on my 405 i have done this for a nmea200 network, starting on the stbd side at the helm seat look down at the white vinyl trim on the floor and there will be screws in the carpeted cubbies that you unscrew and this whole piece will slide off. next the large stbd padded vinyl piece on the wall will reveal a access hatch behind it. to remove it mine had one screw with a trim ring located low and about where the step is. if there are othersremove them, unscrew this and lift the whole panel up and not out it is held in place with the same interlocking mounts that you found behind the front bench when you took that seat back off. then go inside below that area on that stbd wall(this might be optional depending on how much access you need) and there is a small triangular piece on the level of the window that is held in place with velcro mine had the co monitor installed on it. pull that out, then open the cabinet doors the vertical door and the lower door on the left. both have interior small access panels that unscrew. remove them you will then see the existing wiring running to the engine compartment. sorry this is long winded its really quite easy and good access. if you run into trouble let me know in case i left something out
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Postby Wayne162 » June 20th, 2017, 10:47 am

Thanks Nharrison5!
:usa:

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » June 20th, 2017, 10:54 am

Thanks G36, at least you have given me a starting point.
:usa:

United States of America
dsolo
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405 MY
454 EFI Crusaders
Name: La Belle ll

Postby dsolo » June 21st, 2017, 9:17 pm

I also installed the Raymarine es78, in hull transducer, and radar. I interfaced the es78 mfd with the 1st generation seatalk 850 autopilot. Raymarine support directed me to purchase the seatalk 1 to seatalkng converter. Everything communicates with full functionality. Make sure you take advantage of their knowledge and service.
dsolo
Vessel "LaBelle"
Portage Point Inn & Marina, Onekema, Mi
1997 Carver 405 MY
454 EFI Crusaders

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » July 3rd, 2017, 10:03 am

Working with my Raystar 125 GPS. Appears to have no power from E120 to the GPS receiver. No light on receiver blinking. Does anyone know how to test for power?

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”