Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3807 Icemaker shutoff

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

United States of America
crquisto
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406 Aft Cabin, twin 7.4 gas Mercruisers - Flyboy II

Re: 3807 Icemaker shutoff

Postby crquisto » July 18th, 2017, 8:07 am

I looked to pull the sink last night, but mine has a solid top section with th surround and sink built as one piece. It is attached to the base and has some kind of sealant in the joint. I have previously removed the front grill at the base of the unit but didn't see anything that led me to believe I could get to the supply line. I just don't see any attachment points or access.

United States of America
crquisto
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406 Aft Cabin, twin 7.4 gas Mercruisers - Flyboy II

Re: 3807 Icemaker shutoff

Postby crquisto » August 7th, 2017, 9:10 am

Had a bit more time yesterday so I decided to look into this one. Turns out it was an easy fix. Just had to re-fit the white water supply line to the solenoid as the white line had a drip where it connected. One more nuisance gone. Btw, I also did some exploring and found I could pull six screws and lift the entire freezer and ice maker out. It probably weighs only 20 pounds. Behind it I found my electrics and plumbing including a shutoff for the ice maker only.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”