Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1997 Carver 405 Raw Water Heads

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: 1997 Carver 405 Raw Water Heads

Postby tomschauer » January 22nd, 2018, 6:13 pm

and don't forget to disconnect the raw water hose and plug the thru hull fitting.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Postby Wayne162 » January 22nd, 2018, 6:38 pm

Got it, thanks to all.

:usa:

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » April 22nd, 2018, 12:00 pm

Jey Makin Time,
Got a question, purchased the Jabsco solinoid switch and plumbed the fresh water like you suggested. The macerator switch is 12 v like the new Jabsco solenoid. Wired power to the solonid fron the switch. When I hit the switch the macerator activates but wound shut off until I disconnect the wire? Any suggestions....

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » April 22nd, 2018, 12:28 pm

Wayne162 wrote:Source of the post.... I also am looking for a model that would allow my wife with no plumbing knowledge to use without guidance.....

If you truely want/need this, install a Vacuflush system. She pushes a pedal and walks away. It will macerate the solids and most importantly completely empty the bowl of all waste and liquid which is something no electric toilet can do as they will leave fluid and solids in toilet and discharge hose once they start sucking air. This causes constant odor. If installed right, your waste lines will last for years without permeating and smelling up the whole boat. Ya the system is expensive and like every other system there is regular maintenance but some stuff on board you just can't put a price on......"Happy Wife Happy Life" ;-)

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » April 22nd, 2018, 6:08 pm

Thanks Viper. Just looking for temp fix for now. I think the odor is more salt water used to flush than refuse. Want to send fresh water through to verify my suspicion.

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » April 25th, 2018, 1:18 pm

I installed a Jabsco 37038-1012 12v valve to control fresh water to a seawater head in an effort to reduce odor in the boat. After some wiring corrections the valve works however the fresh water flow of water to the bowl is only a trickle while the upstream pressure pre-valve is good. Does anybody know if this valve has a flow adjustment to increase the water from the valve to the bowl? Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » April 25th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Did you bypass the impeller and connect the fresh water directly to the bowl inlet?
If so take the hose off the outlet side of the valve and momentarily energize it. You should get pretty near full flow if it is connected and working correctly.
If not, check for flow arrows to make sure it is plumbed correctly and inlet screen that may be dirty?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » April 25th, 2018, 6:34 pm

To add.....I think I might check to see if the solenoid is opening the valve all the way now....you said you had a wiring problem before.....remember 1/2" in... 3/4" out
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Postby SanJuanDreamer » April 25th, 2018, 11:12 pm

I just completed installing a 5gal water tank (3.7lt for my Canadian friends :-D ) for the toilet bowl. Now, when its flushed the residue smell is gone.
The electric macerator had two chambers on one motor axle. One chamber was the macerator and the other was an impeller for pulling water from the through hull valve and sending to the top of the bowl. There is a sealed blocking plate separating the two chambers.
I rarely\never used the water because I didn't want sea water in the holding tank and the toilet always stank, especially on the hot days..
Problem I found was the sealed blocking plate was not sealing well and some of the waste was getting into the water impeller. When I pushed to flush it would send some liquid waste up to the bowl, but not all, and the rest would sink back down to the water side impeller, waiting for another fillup.

I suppose this is just something to consider without alot of expence.

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » April 26th, 2018, 9:12 am

All information provided will be helpful. I am off the boat now and will resume when I get back aboard. I spoke with Jabsco Tech Support. They said to check that I also have 12 v at the solenoid not just the switch. If not, that may be the problem. They also said there was no adjustment on the valve for flow, and that if the valve has 12 v then the valve is defective and needs to be replaced. It appeared that they are aware of valve failures.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”