Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fuel flow monitors

Topic author United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Fuel flow monitors

Postby MakinTime » December 17th, 2017, 8:36 am

Hey guys, looking into fuel flow monitors for my 36. Anyone use these? If so what brand? I am looking at the Lowrance LMF-400, the multifunction 3 3/8 digital gauge with the Lowrance NMEA2000 flow sensors. Thoughts?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Fuel flow monitors

Postby bud37 » December 17th, 2017, 10:56 am

If you have a chart plotter now that has the ability to display engine functions etc thru a data bus, that may be the route.Previously I had a Garmin display, so installed a data bus and the Garmin GFS 10 flow sensors....which also read the fuel tank levels along with all the other stuff....real nice,gallons remaning, gallons used, MPG, GPH all on the display.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate

Postby MakinTime » December 17th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Thanks for the reply I currently run the Raymarine c80 not sure if it is compatible with fuel monitors or not. Either way I plan on ditching this unit..not a big fan of it. I do like the Garmin stuff so I might have to look into that. I was just looking around the net and found a fuel monitor system called: Interactio looks like a really cool idea could utilize my I pad using this system.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 17th, 2017, 12:39 pm

I hear ya about the C80, I have the same one and hate it, too old and not user friendly IMO........as soon as I can talk the boss into heaving it overboard,well actually a spot in town where old electronics go to be adopted..... onwards and upwards, I will check out the one you pointed out...... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 17th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Checked out that one very nice, no wires,and wifi.....all those functions are what was on the Garmin but what a difference it would be with no cables and wiring..I believe some of the new tablets and chart plotters have wifi capabilities, should ask them who they can interact with........will see at the boat show coming up soon, thanks......... :beergood:

United States of America
rkrumm
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 430

Postby rkrumm » December 18th, 2017, 1:20 pm

I am using an older Floscan system that still functions quite well. In fact I use it to determine how fast I want to travel with my twin diesels. I call it "motoring with my wallet" by watching how $ I am burning per hour. Sometimes a small decrease in rpms shows a nice reduction in diesel burn rate. The filters are a little pricey but don't need changing very often. Good solid system.
Randy
Anacortes, WA
1995 Carver 430

MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate

Postby MakinTime » December 20th, 2017, 6:51 pm

I think the Interactio fuel flow system is the way I am going to go, I am going to order after the holidays here and will post back with results come spring time!

Return to “The Project Center”