Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Bow spot light

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author Canada
C0ps
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1992 carver montego 528

Bow spot light

Postby C0ps » October 7th, 2022, 7:11 am

My remote spot light moves up down port side but will not move to starboard. Thier is no grinding noise when trying. Just seems to stop in the center and won't turn starboard.
I don't think it's the switch or else it wouldn't move every other direction. What's your thoughts?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Bow spot light

Postby km1125 » October 7th, 2022, 8:59 am

What kind of spotlight is it? If you don't know, post pics of the spotlight and/or the control and folks would probably be able to identify it.

On my old one the 'joystick' control would get dead spots, especially if it hadn't been used in a long time. I made a habit of moving the spotlight around to all its extremes as often as I could remember to do it. When I would sense a dead spot, I would move the control around that area more to "clean" the contacts a bit and then it would work fine for a while.

Check the wiring behind the switch too, as well as any possible connections going up to the light. You might have some corrosion on a given connection that moves it to starboard.

You could have some mechanical things going on too, inside the light assembly. Sometimes that grease gets pretty old and cruddy and makes things hard to move. That might require some disassembly and clean up to resovle.

United States of America
plittle2005
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1992 Carver 350 Aft Cabin

Postby plittle2005 » October 8th, 2022, 10:54 am

Possibly it is at the end of its rotation. Try rotating to port, to "unwind" it.

Topic author Canada
C0ps
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1992 carver montego 528

Postby C0ps » October 8th, 2022, 11:06 pm

Thank you both for the reply, the end of the rotation,,,hmmm I don't think I tried holding the button left passed 90 degree. I'll have to hold and hope it spins right around

Return to “General Boating Discussion”