Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Sandysky Ohio - Solomons Island next week

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
zoomiej
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 466 MY

Sandysky Ohio - Solomons Island next week

Postby zoomiej » July 2nd, 2019, 10:24 pm

We are taking our 396 from Ohio to Chesapeake Bay beginning Sunday July 7. We have to transit the Welland due to height restriction on the West end of the barge canal.
Welcome any cautions, must see's and must avoids from those of you who have made the trip.

Thanks, and kind regards

Jim

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Sandysky Ohio - Solomons Island next week

Postby RGrew176 » July 3rd, 2019, 1:47 am

Wish I could help you with your question. All I can say is that will be quite the trip. Hope all goes well.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » July 3rd, 2019, 9:15 am

If you haven't already, google "the great loop". Pretty sure there is a forum or maybe a couple of forums devoted to boaters making the loop and your trip is part of the loop.
There are books and guides about it as well.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 3rd, 2019, 7:46 pm

Regarding the Welland canal....... If they still have the straw fenders....get em.......use old lines, and have gloves.....mighty dirty, so be prepared......good luck on your trip...
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Helmsman
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: Temporarily Boatless

Postby Helmsman » July 3rd, 2019, 11:35 pm

zoomiej wrote:Source of the post We are taking our 396 from Ohio to Chesapeake Bay beginning Sunday July 7. We have to transit the Welland due to height restriction on the West end of the barge canal.
Welcome any cautions, must see's and must avoids from those of you who have made the trip.

Thanks, and kind regards

Jim

There is a wealth of info on your question at this site: https://www.greatloop.org/

I joined the group two years ago. To ask questions on the forum, I think you have to pay the annual fee. The people you will be discussing this with have all types of experience on your entire trip. You will be chatting with them a lot as you make your trip.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”