Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

AND she is back!

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

AND she is back!

Postby tonyiiiafl » May 3rd, 2023, 6:53 pm

20 to 25 MPH winds, 2-3 seas. Just didn’t feel it. So we went and took her home. Rough getting out of the slip at marina, with wind and seas, Side Shifter did its job well. Sloppy coming down the Wareham River, then like magic……wind stopped and seas flattened out. I needed to try the port engine, as last fall I tuned it up and it started breaking up at 3200. I replaced the distributor cap with the old one to see if it was that. Once things smoothed out, brought it up to 3200, 3500, then WOT and she it 4100 with ease. I was running light. We always run heavy. Exhaust was totally out of the water. When we got into the Cape Cod Canal, things really smoothed out. Into Cohasset Narrows at the dreaded low tide, Some places are at 4.5’. Navigated it well and into the slip in ONE shot. Nice ride, just not long enough. NO canvas up so it was not a sail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: AND she is back!

Postby Viper » May 3rd, 2023, 8:19 pm

Thanks for sharing Tony :down:

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » May 4th, 2023, 6:33 am

Sure looks good. And what a beautiful day for a trip on the water. Chop chop let's get that canvas up. :-D
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » May 4th, 2023, 9:05 am

Saturday for canvas. I didn’t like the way the yard opened and closed it, as it is 12,000.00 worth last year. It is like my new born! :-D

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 4th, 2023, 9:07 am

Nice, looks like you had a great day in more ways than one.....another season begins, good luck with your year and MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU.... :-D ...
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 4th, 2023, 12:10 pm

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU.... :-D ...

Must be getting old, took me a little bit to figure out why you said fourth. :drunk:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 4th, 2023, 4:46 pm

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post
MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU.... :-D ...

Must be getting old, took me a little bit to figure out why you said fourth. :drunk:

HE HE !..whad ya say sonny !!!!!... :help:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » May 4th, 2023, 6:05 pm

I have to say I was totally shocked when I got my bill from the storage marina. Without going int it deeply, This is a premier boat yard here, professionalism abounds. Yes, they do charge what they need to make a profit. We have yards down here on Cape Cod that are at $230.00/hour labor. DRUM ROLLLLL>>>>>>>>>>>> Same labor rate as last year!! $140.00/hour! AND they only charged me for commissioning ONE engine while they did 2. There are people and companies that still have a heart!

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”