Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Previously owned orphan boats

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Previously owned orphan boats

Postby bud37 » July 30th, 2023, 1:02 pm

How many Carver owners here, past or present have owned a Trojan yacht in their boating lives, like the F models etc, even the woodies before that.....I mean the Trojans up to the bankruptcy, not the more recent Carver Trojan models..... :popcorn:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Previously owned orphan boats

Postby Midnightsun » July 30th, 2023, 2:37 pm

Do Trojan condoms count? :-D
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 30th, 2023, 3:37 pm

I had a 72 25' Sea Raider for several years.

I knew the previous owner and he had the engine redone, but the rest of the boat needed work. The boat would "shudder" when you slammed into a wave and the decks were getting soft in a few places. Used it for a few years, then tore it down to the hull and stringers and redid all the teak decking an mahogany cabin. Learned a whole lot doing that boat. One of the first lessons was "what looks like a straight line, aint". When done, that boat was solid as a rock. I added hot and cold pressure water (the OEM was just cold water and a hand pump at the sink), dual batteries and changed all the cabin windows to a tempered bronze tint, and put in a real breaker panel (rather than the 6 fuse block it had).

Wasn't really looking to move to another boat but ran across a Carver that I could get a really good deal on, so I made the switch. I often wonder if that Trojan is still out on the lake somewhere.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » July 30th, 2023, 6:39 pm

I had a 1978 F32 Trojan for 8 yrs before my 405. I still miss her sometimes.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » July 30th, 2023, 8:42 pm

My second wooden boat was a '69 36' Trojan FB. Loved her and boy could she turn some heads, she always got compliments everywhere we took her. Miss that boat, loved the lines, but it was A LOT of work to maintain.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 31st, 2023, 8:58 am

Our second big boat between 2 Carvers was an 78 F32.....one of the classics, and like others I still miss that boat, restored it from stem to stern, just needed a transom door.. :-D ....I kinda know where it is now.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”