Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Buying 2006 Carver 44 MY

The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Carver Yachts.

United States of America
Huckleberry
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 Carver 36ss .
2005 Carver 44 CPMY

Re: Buying 2006 Carver 44 MY

Postby Huckleberry » October 8th, 2017, 12:21 am

Friend just moved a 42 mariner from Mi. to Az. they removed the arch and had to remove rudders also ! None of this is unusual , that's why they are removable . Cost to move was 19500.00 not including crane and trailer at destination .
All this being said , mine is due for bottom paint this winter and I am trying to find a company that will haul it out , stand it and do the job at the marina to avoid having them remove the arch !
Huck

Topic author Canada
chetcuti
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: looking to buy a Carver 44 aft cabin

Postby chetcuti » October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Hi Huckleberry,
I understand that this is not that unusual but the key is to hire the competent Company!
Thanks
Guychet

Topic author Canada
chetcuti
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: looking to buy a Carver 44 aft cabin

Postby chetcuti » October 19th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post I assume it is a 44 CMY (Cockpit Motor Yacht). That being said I do own a smaller version, although 1 year younger and same engines, a 41 CMY to be exact. The Volvos are not underpowered by any means in my boat and would assume they would be fine in the 44. You simply do not remove the arch. The hard top, wing doors and entire bridge need to come off and then put back on which is a huge job. Depending on where you live and how much they charge, I would budget in a minimum of $10,000 and maybe up to $18,000 to have her taken apart and put back together. You will also need to consider maybe 2 loads for transportation as I personally cannot see getting the disassembled parts on just 1 truck.
Hans,

Hans,
I finally had a look at the PICs of the disassemble and it looks like a big job but can be done with the right mover! Very helpful.
I haven't decided if I'm going ahead but I'm getting a quote from a Boat Mover that was recommended.
Cheers for now.
Guychet

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 20th, 2017, 5:54 am

Definitely can be done and the boat is set up to do so. They are delivered this way from the factory and wiring/hydraulics are all plug and play unless the owner added stuff which will need to be looked at and identified carefully. Only issue is getting the competent people to do the work. I was lucky as the move was only an hour drive or so as the boat was on a land locked lake. This made it possible for the same people who took it apart to put it back together which made things much easier.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “Carver Yachts Forum - Model Discussion”