Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

replacement LED lights WOW!

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: replacement LED lights WOW!

Postby Lyndon670 » June 20th, 2017, 7:23 pm

These ones are available at Home Depot. I have replaced a ton of mine with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 21st, 2017, 6:41 am

for general lighting personally i'm not a big fan of cool white with some leds so in case you want a close resemblance to what color temp you get with the oem halogens or incandescent bulbs make sure you check your replacement is warm white and not cool white ,fyi
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author United States of America
Scienceguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406 aft cabin

Postby Scienceguy » June 26th, 2017, 2:18 am

[quote][/quote]I am wonder how they stay in place without screws? Do they just pop into hole?

Yes, just pop in. They have collapsible tabs that hold them in. They also have screw holes that line up perfectly with the old holes.

Topic author United States of America
Scienceguy
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 406 aft cabin

Postby Scienceguy » June 26th, 2017, 2:22 am

[quote][/quote]I am wonder how they stay in place without screws? Do they just pop into hole?

Yes, they just pop into the holes. They have collapsible tabs to hold them. They also have screw holes that line up with the old holes.

United States of America
Brewbeck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '86 Mariner
MV Endeavor

Postby Brewbeck » July 5th, 2017, 9:23 am

Replaced all of my halogen two pin bulbs with these leds! Worked out great. Amazed at the brightness and the heat reduction. Going to do the same thing in my 3297 (The Endeavor). Looking for bayonet based types today!
John Beckfield
Wabasha Marina
1986 Mariner 3297

United States of America
Roxanne
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 356

Postby Roxanne » July 23rd, 2017, 8:57 am

Ok, my Amazon lights were delivered. They were so simple to install! Yea!! Thanks, they sure look better !! For Father's Day our daughter wanted to buy dad the underwater lights for night swimming. Wow are they more than a 15 year old can afford lol. We settled for waterproof LED peal and stick lights we also got on amazon. They were super easy and put out amazing light. :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
MeredithRaymond
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Postby MeredithRaymond » August 21st, 2017, 11:08 pm

Scienceguy wrote:Source of the post still not working so.............. go to amazon and search:

Dream Lighting LED Recessed Ceiling Light 3.5W Silver Pack of 10

They are $6.50 ea. West marine wants3-4 times that.

Thank you for your advice on the Dream Light. The impact was amazing! We ended up replacing 27 lights in total. The entire boat is nice and bright. The yellow hue is finally gone and our electricity bill is much happier.

Saving on the interior lights allowed us to splurge a bit more on the underwater lights.
My husband insisted on three. Lessons learned, two are more than anyone needs. Nonetheless, we love the outcome. I've coined this "the aquarium" as it's always full of fish!

cottagegirl
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 530

Postby cottagegirl » February 23rd, 2018, 1:25 pm

Meredith, would you mind sharing what brand/model underwater lights you installed? We're looking at installing some on our 530 voyager. You think 3 is too many? Our beam is about 15". Nice to know the blue attracts fish!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”