Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

89 Carver 2557 black water holding tank

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author United States of America
Johnpcole
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 2557 Montego

89 Carver 2557 black water holding tank

Postby Johnpcole » February 14th, 2018, 8:18 pm

I’m noticing smell and some leaking in between the 2 tanks on either side of the small access door in the floor. I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with the black water tank ? I’m thinking the carpet has to be pulled up and hopefully there’s a panel to open up. I’m also curious if anyone has replaced the sewer hoses. Any help or advice would be appreciated
John

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 89 Carver 2557 black water holding tank

Postby bud37 » February 15th, 2018, 10:15 am

Welcome to the forum John.......if you are seeing poop tank leakage in the bilge, you are going to have to get in there for sure, could be anything at this point....after time, the fitting on the tank being overtight can split the tank,then hoses etc....there will be an access spot. If all your stuff is original there will be parts in need of replacement, sorry to say......good luck with your new project...maybe someone with the same model will be along soon for you...
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”