Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1986 Carver 3207 Radio

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

1986 Carver 3207 Radio

Postby ataylor233 » July 16th, 2017, 3:50 pm

My carver has its original radio with cassette and nobs. i'd like to replace it but it looks as if i have to cut a hole in the wall does anyone know of a easier way to replace it ? I forgot to snap a picture but it's surrounded by wood with two holes for the knobs .. do i have to cut an opening for the new Radio? Thanks in Advance

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 1986 Carver 3207 Radio

Postby km1125 » July 17th, 2017, 9:48 am

I have a friend with a 3207 and he just pulled the radio and cassette and made a decorative plate to cover the holes, then put his new radio somewhere else. You could make a similar plate and mount your new radio to that. Assuming it's an "automotive" style it would be much smaller than the holes from the old radio/cassette setup.

I have the same radio in my 3607 and still use it. I also installed a new radio on the bridge that drive four speakers (two new where the originals were in the front of the bridge, and two added in the aft of the bridge).

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 18th, 2017, 2:01 pm

I ran across this pic of my friends' customized plate:

radio_plate.jpg

I know I had one of it mounted but can't find that one now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author United States of America
ataylor233
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby ataylor233 » July 20th, 2017, 5:05 pm

thats a great idea im going to cut the old radio out this weekend

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”