Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

C37 Radar cable run hardtop to helm??

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
LimaBravo
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2015 C37

C37 Radar cable run hardtop to helm??

Postby LimaBravo » June 20th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Hey Carver Fans!

Been here reading for a year or so, and have found everything through search (thanks!!) until now.

My 2015 C37 needs an electronics upgrade. For some reason Carver put Raymarine in with Mercury Vessel view, so it isn't "really" integrated. No waypoint tracking to the axium autopilot as VesselView's exclusive deal for the nmea2000 gateway (for waypoints) is with Simrad only.

Anyway, I'll be adding new Simrad screens and radar, so here's the question.....

Does anyone know the cable route from the hardtop to the helm on a C37 ??? (and how hard/easy it is?)

Thanks!!!

Lima

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2018 Carver C37

Re: C37 Radar cable run hardtop to helm??

Postby Benda515 » June 25th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Lima,

We just got our 2018 C37 and have the same question. I took the access panel off to add a backup camera and saw a empty hose that might get the wires down to engine room but havent looked further. Were you able to find anything out.

LimaBravo
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby LimaBravo » July 5th, 2020, 10:49 am

I have looked around trying to get ready to this Radar project. It appears to go from the tower, behind the fridge, along the gunnel forward toward the salon AC unit, then behind the helm.

If no one replies with a "for sure" I'll report back after I start, but it would be a huge time saver if we knew.

:)

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Benda515 » July 6th, 2020, 11:48 am

I just ordered the radar to install this week so hopefully one of us will be successful and can post the success story

United States of America
Benda515
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Benda515 » July 13th, 2020, 9:25 am

So did the install hopefully will have a video to upload but in short went pretty good. Was able to take off the panel in the roof overhang and there was a plastic hose that runs down behind the refrigerator in the cabin, after you remove the refrigerator you will see the wires you run down through the hose and then there is a chase running from the refrigerator all the way to the helm where all the wires and water lines run, in the 2nd cabin there is a access panel on the ceiling to access the connection in the helm, you will see a hole to the starboard side that gains access to the chase to run the wires. You also can pull the cold air return next to the helm to help guide the wires. After I figured that out went pretty quickly and was almost plug and play. We installed the Garmin 24 Radome phantom. Hopefully will takeout tonight to try it out. Hope that helps

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » July 14th, 2020, 1:17 am

Thanks for posting how you completed the installation. May very well help someone in the future to do the same install.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

LimaBravo
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby LimaBravo » July 18th, 2020, 10:05 am

Benda515!!

Thanks, this is SO useful. We ended up traveling (on the boat) the last few weeks, so haven't tackled things yet.

Your description will make the job planning that much quicker and appreciate your posting!!!

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”