Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Ray Marine 215 VHF Mic Cord

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
boatdave
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Currently looking for 396 Carver

Ray Marine 215 VHF Mic Cord

Postby boatdave » January 4th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Happy New Year!!! The plastic/rubber on the mic cord has been falling apart for a few years. Making a mess every time you use it. Contacted Ray Marine and they used to redo these but no longer. After some research it seems this is a very common problem with the 215. I finally found Max Marine electronics and they now offer a new cord or a existing used mic with new cord. I opted for the new cord for $60 and it's a go! My problem was I would have had to replace the radio with a new one and with it build into the dash, would have made quite a project as the new radios are alot smaller. Now more slivers of plastic all over!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Ray Marine 215 VHF Mic Cord

Postby g36 » January 4th, 2021, 6:02 pm

Good find thanks for posting
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » January 6th, 2021, 1:21 am

:down:

United States of America
LJ0629!
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 AFT Cabin

Postby LJ0629! » January 24th, 2021, 5:00 pm

Would it be possible for you to use an automotive vinyl trim to cover the existing edges? This might help you avoid the slivers.

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » January 24th, 2021, 5:43 pm

My Ray215 was removed from my boat for the same reason. This last summer I removed the Raymic, that was compatible with the Ray215, from my salon and replaced it with an upgraded version for my new radio. I assume it still works, but the cabling is falling apart as well. It was a bad model for Raymarine, I am glad someone will repair the wiring, as they are a good radio.

Greg

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”