Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Radar Fuses

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author
djvj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 carver 380 santego

Radar Fuses

Postby djvj » May 4th, 2016, 10:51 am

I am having a problem figuring out what type of fuse and where to get them. The radar system is a Raytheon R21xx when the arch was taken down for transport they cut the wires and blew the fuses. we had a guy come and look to see why it didn't work after reinstall he says oh, you need sum new fuses. Ok fine. I will get them next time out, well turns out regular fuses will not fit hole. Now I cant find the originals, guy that looked at it said he gave them to me ect., ect.. So, hoping one of yall has the same system or knows what kind or where I can get some. Yes I did call Raytheon guy Mike, said, they don't have any, and to try to match them with the old ones at Radio Shack. Back to same problem. Need help.?!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Radar Fuses

Postby g36 » May 4th, 2016, 12:21 pm

If no one here has your exact radar do you have info in the owners manual that tell you what fuse rating? If not google it or call back to Raytheon ask what rating then just buy a new fuse holder and the correct fuse and splice it in. The important part is the rating not a particular kind or brand
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Topic author
djvj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby djvj » May 5th, 2016, 4:42 pm

I have the manual but still it just says 6.3 amp. Then my options are fast blow, time delay, ceramic, or glass tube, auto fuses don't work. One of you said use a different fuse holder.? If I can't get a positive ID., well we'll put some kind in there an see what happens. bzzzzzttt!

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Postby SplashyLady » May 5th, 2016, 5:09 pm

There are several different sizes of fuses. They differ in length and diameter. If you don't know the type or spec of the fuse, best bet is to take the fuse holder into an electronic supply house and get them to fit it.

But here's another idea - just replace the fuses with a 6 amp circuit breaker. :down: You can get a manual reset (you have to press a button) or an automatic reset (resets after about 30 seconds). Does not cost a lot of money and saves you trying to find that *&%$@ fuse at the wrong time! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... er&_sop=15
Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

Topic author
djvj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby djvj » May 5th, 2016, 5:18 pm