Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Raymarine Sat-Dome Questions

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Raymarine Sat-Dome Questions

Postby Wayne162 » June 8th, 2016, 2:00 pm

I have a Ray Marine 45 STV Satellite dome from a previous owner already installed on my 405. The antenna unit powers up and tracks DTV at this time. I am trying to figure out what is needed to make the unit work at the TV's. I currently have DTV but may switch to Dish network for the boat use as I believe that Dish receives both analog and HD signals where DTV does not. I contacted DTV and it appears that you need a D12 or H24 receiver, but they want $100 plus a two year contract that they don't tell you about. Even if you purchase the units from a 3rd party provider, DTV still owns the unit. I am leaning toward Dish at this time and would like any direction available as I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. Just need to know what I need to ask for and if I have the vendor set the dish up at my home can I then install it on the boat. Thanks

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Raymarine Sat-Dome Questions

Postby g36 » June 8th, 2016, 4:28 pm

I use dishnetwork at home and on the boat. Depending on where you live I live in tennessee will also dictate which sats you need to see in order to get all of the programming. I need to see 110,129 and 119. There is both hd and non hd channels . I have and use there vip211 receivers on the boat and at home but I have an intellion system so don't know of this receiver will work with the ray dome.. should be able to google the dome you have and find what is compatible with it my intellion will work with either i just have to input what provider and that sets up what it will look for. maybe I gave given some useful info
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » June 8th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Thank you g36, its good to know you use it successfully. That gives me hope that I should be ok. My home port is Charleston, SC so were on the same latitude and it shouldn't be that different. I'll update the site when I am successful.

:pirate:

Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » August 16th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Contacted Raymarine about my 45 STV. I asked if I could use both DTV or Dish with my system as the ACU gives me either option. They told me to look-up the version within the ACU. It returned the following: Ant - S/W Ver:1.03 and ACU - S/W Ver 1.00. This information was provided and they told me that it appears to be a generation 1 antenna. I asked what do you mean appears? They should know right! Raymarine "believes" it will only work with DTV and not Dish but would not provide a yes or no. Is there anybody out their that knows about this unit and its compatibility. Google searches have not found the solution thus far to my questions. I would also like to know if the ACU can be upgraded or reprogrammed. Trying to get Raymarine on the phone is next to impossible. Thanks

:pirate:

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”