Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

396MY Tv Coax routing

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: 396MY Tv Coax routing

Postby tomschauer » September 7th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Meredith, on my 1998 355 the dockside cable input is in the compartment next to the swim platform stairs with the electric inputs. The a/b switch, antenna booster and splitters are behind the tv in the aft cabin. Mine all have the original carver cable labels so I believe it is completely original set up. If someone installed a sat dish, maybe they changed the wiring?

United States of America
DanM
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 396

Postby DanM » September 18th, 2017, 5:08 pm

The cable connection is in the port aft section of the swim platform above the power cable connection in the same compartment. There is a switch to move between antenna and cable. Mine is in the liquor cabinet under the TV on the starboard side. I have the ES version so yours will be different since your TV is on the port side.
Dan

Carver 396
SugarSand Tango

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » September 18th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Reelpriority wrote:Source of the post We had a similar problem on our Carver 356. Finally, we had the field tech person from the cable company come onboard the boat. The solution was to remove the 1999 era A/B selector switch which was not compatible with the digital signal coming through the dockside coax.
We never used the original air antenna. Removing the old technology A/B switch made sense. Clear HD signal now on three TVs.

The switches are not 'analog' and 'digital'. It was probably just a bad switch. A good switch would work on ALL the current digital channels. They are not really made for a marine environment and the contacts inside get oxidized. Even in a house they don't last that long.

Similar with the antennas.

United States of America
MeredithRaymond
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355 Aft Cabin

Postby MeredithRaymond » September 20th, 2017, 11:12 pm

g36 wrote:Source of the post The cable input is most likely in the port swim platform compartment where the electrical cables connect to the boat. There is a hinged cover like the others in there for the breaker switches have you looked in there closely

Much appreciated! Cable input was found in the swim platform compartment with the electrical cables.
'98 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
San Diego, California
:captain: This is my first boat!

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”