Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Security camera on a boat

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Security camera on a boat

Postby bud37 » March 9th, 2018, 10:30 am

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post
Jonnas wrote:Source of the post I'm currently looking at the Reolink Go cellular security camera to monitor my boat on my phone,https://reolink.com/lp/reolink-go/. Wonder if it will consume too much data. Waiting for the discounts after it is on Indiegogo Crowdfunding.

Looked at those but seems the Arlo system shown in the video would work just as well. Reason I say so is the Reolink although wireless, does require a cellular sim card in the camera so might as well set up a cell hotspot on the boat which brings much more flexibility. Also, the battery life is listed as being only 1-2 months in standby mode which means much less if any serious recording is done with the unit.

Hans, with these cameras, is the data stored in the camera and only shows up as usage if you connect thru wireless and view the stored images .......or are the images stored somewhere else.....hope you get what I mean here, not sure I worded this clearly........ :confused:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
CCTV Camera
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: bajsbjbsjabjsa

Postby CCTV Camera » June 17th, 2021, 6:20 pm

I was thinking about that but I marvel how much facts they chunk up? I wonder in the event that they use statistics despite the fact that not recording? I would really like to do that however facts isn't cheap, so I don’t know if it’s really worth it.

United States of America
CCTV Camera
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: bajsbjbsjabjsa

Postby CCTV Camera » June 17th, 2021, 6:22 pm

I was thinking about that but I marvel how much facts they chunk up? I wonder in the event that they use statistics despite the fact that not recording? I would really like to do that however facts isn't cheap, so I don’t know if it’s really worth it.

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”