Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Raymarine C120 and Raymarine ST60 TriData

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
Cliffm
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 36 MY
"the Condo"
VP 8.1Gi-F

Raymarine C120 and Raymarine ST60 TriData

Postby Cliffm » December 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm

My wife and I have purchased a (new to us) 2006 Carver 36 MY equipped with Raymarine Electronics.

The first thing we noticed is the ST60 TriData speed display is "way off'" and in knots. what is the easiest way to set this to MPH and SOG? I'm assuming since the C120 shows GPS position along with radar that, we have SOG capability? how do I verify this?

So far we've been unable to get SOG to display on either the ST60 or the C120? while I like Garmin, i'm not ready to switch-out everything just yet.

Also like to know how to set the depth alarm on the ST60 to alarm at 4 feet or less from the keel/transducer ?

I've read the manuals, and must say, I don't find them intuitive? Looking for a YouTube how too? or other insight?

thanks again for all the positive feedback.

Cliff & Beth Mathison

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Raymarine C120 and Raymarine ST60 TriData

Postby bud37 » December 17th, 2018, 5:04 pm

The st60 is adjustable but any time I have played with ours it requires the manual as there are a number of different button pushes which are hard to remember.......no SOG that I know of, just speed from the paddle wheel transducer....it has a correction factor that you can input to get it to match a known speed readout.Mine was like that, a little playing in an area with no current and close enuf.....one thing to add, the paddle wheel must be clean.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » December 18th, 2018, 11:55 am

SOG would be through GPS. Can't remember off the top of my head how to access all the settings but I don't recall having a hard time getting what I need from the manuals or quick reference sheets. Alarms and offsets shouldn't be that difficult to set if you have a reference sheet. If you find a YouTube video that helps you out, post it for the benefit of others that might be having the same problem.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » December 19th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Here is a link to the Tridata manual. You'll see the the sections for speed and depth adjustment options. "Calibration" for speed and depth starts on page 29.....

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/pdfs/Raymarine/ST60+_Tridata_OH.pdf

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”