Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Refrigerator Question

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Former owner of a 2003 Carver 356 with 8.1 Mercs
Agradecida
Current owner 1989 60’ Hatteras MY with 8v92 Detroit’s
Benedetto

Re: Refrigerator Question

Postby Sadey » December 20th, 2018, 6:58 pm

Cooler, I thought about it but went to visit my MIL who is close to the end. Funny thing is wife is from GB we’ve been married for 25 years, MIL lives within walking distance of Lambeau and it looks like we will have to hotel it to see the Carver factory. Just not enough days left to peel away while we are there. I plan to look you up if not before, for sure as the season approaches. Thanks for the invite, we will take you up on it!
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Agradecida
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » December 20th, 2018, 7:03 pm

The sound coming from the refer is not constant it’s an intermittent sound. There is a vent up top but it’s to tight to look down. I’m sure I have the 12 volt breaker off but not positive. All theses questions and suggestions are forcing me to visit Agradecida sooner then planned. Geez thanks guys :-D
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Agradecida
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » December 21st, 2018, 3:54 pm

Mystery solved! I have a Keurig coffee maker on the boat. For some reason when the coffee maker element goes on it creates a little bit of interference that manifests itself in the refrigerator. I have the DC breaker off for the refrigerator but the AC breaker on to power a lamp that I use is on the same circuit. The coffee maker is on a different circuit but still causes the refrigerator to make a little bit of a noise when the Keurig goes on. Sure was a great excuse to visit with our girl.
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”