Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Seakey Removal

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
tjh408
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 360 Sport Sedan

Seakey Removal

Postby tjh408 » October 15th, 2019, 9:15 pm

I'm looking g to remove the Seakey from my 2003 boat. Has anyone done this? What all is it wired too?

Thanks

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Seakey Removal

Postby Midnightsun » October 16th, 2019, 5:02 am

Would be nice if you filled out a little more info so we know what model boat we are talking about. ;-)
Seakey is a rather big box probably located behind the helm of the flybridge as this is where mine was. There will also be an antenna (short and stubby) easily identified as it is marked Seakey on it. Just follow the wires and disconnect. Personally I left the box as access was a pain on my configuration however wires were disconnected/chopped off, antenna removed and dash mounted controller. This may be of a little help as it shows a small diagram of what was available, you may not have all those options though. https://www.boattest.com/view-news/3237 ... at-and-you!

In case anyone is wondering why remove, they went belly up many years ago so the unit is useless!
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 16th, 2019, 7:43 am

tjh408 wrote:Source of the post.....What all is it wired too?....

There were several monitoring options so it'll depend on what was installed. Typically it'll have a user control head on the helm, control module hidden close by, satellite, GPS and possibly a cellular antenna, there may be a high water float switch wired in, a stand alone SOS button, and of course DC power connections. I don't recall if camera options made it into the fray before the company was purchased and eventually dissolved. Get to the control module/box and follow each wire/cable, all the options will be hooked up to it.

Topic author United States of America
tjh408
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 360 Sport Sedan

Postby tjh408 » October 19th, 2019, 9:18 pm

Sorry, it is on a 360 Sport Sedan. The controller is to the port of the helm. I believe the box is in a compartment to the starboard on dash. It looks like yellow pelican box. There is no antenna, it appears to have been been removed and the cable cut and taped. I was not sure if there were any other systems it was wired into?
Thanks

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”