Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

iPad

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

United States of America
quickdecision
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Carver 3807, 1987

Re: iPad

Postby quickdecision » December 8th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Just finished 2042 mile trip. AquaMaps with master. Threw away my charts. Lots of shoaling details. We use this in conjunction with Ray electronics package. The next generation of chart plotters will need to have live data connection. Aqua maps very close to real time.

Ron

Topic author United States of America
rjr
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 440 MY

Postby rjr » December 8th, 2019, 4:25 pm

Great discussion. Lots of useful info. Thanx to everyone. I am going to look at getting a pad and the Navionics.

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » December 8th, 2019, 7:53 pm

He who hesitates is lost. GPS, iPad, chart plotter, get it. :lol:

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Postby ColRon » December 9th, 2019, 12:36 pm

Tireless wrote:Source of the post He who hesitates is lost. GPS, iPad, chart plotter, get it. :lol:

:lol:
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

United States of America
Davisknd
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 450 Voyager
Cummins 450C (6CTA)
"Somewhere in the Sun"
Isle of Palms, SC

Postby Davisknd » December 11th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Hi Guys:

New guy here from South Carolina. Just wanted to add that I purchased the Garmin GPSMAP 742 so I could try the engine room camera and active captain software with the wireless functionality of the 742. I must say it worked well a few weeks ago on a trip to Myrtle Beach and back. I have the 12.9" IPAD connected through the Garmin 742 wirelessly. The camera is the Garmin wireless one mounted in the engine room on the forward bulkhead. The Garmin now has the Blue Chart maps and Navionics maps built in so I could switch between both. The IPad interface is nice also because updates are transferred in the house to the Ipad and then on the boat to the 742 via the 742's wireless network.

I will agree you have to plug the Ipad in to charge soon or even a full charge will be gone in a couple of hours.

I will try to attached a couple of pictures of my set up on the 450 Voyager.

Hope this helps!

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”