Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3607 looking to add autopilot plus

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
stutting
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 36ft AFT Cabin

3607 looking to add autopilot plus

Postby stutting » August 30th, 2020, 12:32 pm

I am looking at the raymarine line of autopilots and charters. I am thinking of going with the axiom + 7, as I can use my phone or iPad to view console anywhere so don't need a big screen. What autopilot version do I use with the 3 line (port, starboard, reservoir) hydrolic system? I thin the ev100 may work, but not sure if capacity of pump is right perhaps I need the 150. Any help is appreciated or if I should consider a different setup let me know. No electronics to speak of so can start fresh. Thanks, Kevin
Kevin Stutting
Princeton Iowa
1989 Carver 3607 - Dual Mercruiser 454

United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Re: 3607 looking to add autopilot plus

Postby tonyiiiafl » September 3rd, 2020, 4:17 pm

I have the e7 and e12, just before Axiom came out. The PRO is the one to get. I also have the Ray Autopilot 200. L O VE I T!

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » September 3rd, 2020, 5:49 pm

[quote="[ i also have the Ray Autopilot 200. L O VE I T![/quote]
Is this the 200 you have.? https://www.marineelectricsystems.net/p ... -autopilot
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Postby tonyiiiafl » September 5th, 2020, 9:46 am

Yes, EVO 200. Does a super job of auto steer, and also great to follow a route. We did a 3 hour cruise yesterday and the pilot had it for 75% of the time.

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”