Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

56 Voyager Gauges

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

United States of America
Carpe Diem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Re: 56 Voyager Gauges

Postby Carpe Diem » October 2nd, 2022, 12:08 pm

I am running into the same issue after survey on our 506. big problem for me is that I can find no literature as to how to access hours on my tachometers. I only have the one helm position. I turn the key on and get a four digit code on the display that is supposed to be the dip switch settings for PPR (pulses per revolution) then a three digit number supposed to be the software version then the RPM which when the engine has yet started will vary. I have model 8905 Aetna Engineering gauges which I assume are OEM. I also have hour meters on the engines which look like they could have been installed by Carver. Does anyone know if Carver installed hour meters in the engine room? According to the information on Aetna's website, the tachometers should have suffix on the model numbers indicating an hour meter capability.
The buyers surveyor told the buyer that there is a difference between the ER meters and what he found on the tachometer hour meter. I can not duplicate the readings he found by using any combination of turning the ignition to on and pushing the active station button or any thing which leads me to believe that there is no way the readings on the tachs can be belived. The surveyor thinks the vessel has north of 2200 hours on it. The ER meters show low 600s. I talked to two of the previous owners and they stated that the 600 hrs is the actual time based on the use of the boat. Only way to really know for sure is have the EDM read but finding a tech that is available in short notice is proving problematic. Does anyone with a 2000 vintage, diesel powered Carver have hour meter function on the tach and if so what is the method to read the value and do you find that it is accurate? Any help is appreciated.
Carpe

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”