Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

33ss autopilot setup

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
mrterry72@gmail.com
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 2006 35ss

33ss autopilot setup

Postby mrterry72@gmail.com » May 30th, 2021, 3:47 am

Hello all, My name is Terry I own a 2006 Carver 33ss I bout it about two years ago with intentions to move it from Boston where I bought it to fort peirce Florida. But sadly life got in the way and the boat has been stored on long Island since sept 2019 and next week I will get to see my boat for the first time in almost 2 years and pick my journey back up . I'm wanting to install an autopilot and I'm thinking about a raymarine ev-150 but I don't know what size hydraulic pump I need and the fittings required any help would be appreciated

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 33ss autopilot setup

Postby Viper » May 30th, 2021, 8:44 am

You probably need a type 1 pump. The pump tees into your existing hydraulic steering lines how many tee fittings you need will depend on the type of system you have; 2 line, 3 line, pressurized, etc. There will be plumbing diagrams for each steering type included with the pump installation manual. Keep the pump and computer close to each other.

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”