Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Zantrax Link 1000 monitor replacement for Freedom 25 inverter

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author United States of America
Carpediem
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: In process of buying 2000 506 with Volvo TAMD 74s

Zantrax Link 1000 monitor replacement for Freedom 25 inverter

Postby Carpediem » September 20th, 2021, 10:52 pm

My Link 1000 monitor for the Freedom 25, 2500 watt inverter/charger has decided to fail. The unit still seems to control the Freedom 25 but the LED display is dim and flickers. Apparently the Link 1000 is out of production. I have not been able to discern which remotes currently in production will be compatible with the Freedom 25 inverter. Has anyone dealt with either replacing or upgrading their monitors that can shed some light. I have yet to reach out to Zantrax because what reading I have done leads me to believe that would lead to frustration.
Thanks for any input
Carpe Diem
Try to only boat where ducks don't walk

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Zantrax Link 1000 monitor replacement for Freedom 25 inverter

Postby g36 » September 21st, 2021, 11:09 am

I don't know if this is what you need but post #5 says this panel worked for his unit although not the exact part you may be looking for.. The part listed is still available....https://www.sailnet.com/threads/replace ... 000.67157/
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
Carpe Diem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Carpe Diem » September 24th, 2021, 10:28 am

g36 wrote:Source of the post I don't know if this is what you need but post #5 says this panel worked for his unit although not the exact part you may be looking for.. The part listed is still available....https://www.sailnet.com/threads/replace ... 000.67157/

Thanks, I found that reference as well, I went ahead and ordered one. We will se if it works. Appreciate the help
Carpe Diem

Topic author United States of America
Carpediem
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: In process of buying 2000 506 with Volvo TAMD 74s

Postby Carpediem » September 26th, 2021, 11:05 am

I installed the monitor and it works fine. It is just not as informative as the Link series as it does not have the amp hours remaining functions but it gives enough basic information. I don't the boat in a way that I need the inverter anyway.
Try to only boat where ducks don't walk

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”