Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

-Temp gauge...so, what is it?

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: -Temp gauge...so, what is it?

Postby km1125 » March 6th, 2023, 8:51 am

trwestman wrote:Source of the post
... I can sell my Arch mounted TV system for $2500 ...

I don't know about others, but if it was me I'd rip that thing off and sell it for as much as I could ASAP. I think the dish-based subscription tv systems are going to be hard to get rid of pretty soon, as they will largely be replaced by streaming services.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » March 6th, 2023, 9:38 am

My thoughts are the same regarding my Intellian dish now that I have Starlink. Only paid $600 for the dish though so I still should come out ahead.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
JimN
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '89 Carver Santego 38

Postby JimN » April 27th, 2023, 11:19 am

Look at a GM engine with fuel injection- they have a two wire sender in one of the heads- it will have one yellow wire and one black wire- it feeds the ECM, the one at the thermostat housing goes to the gauge. This is the reason "But the gauge didn't show that it was overheating!" needs to be stricken from boater's vocabulary- these senders need to be immersed in water and if the raw water supply has been blocked (or the thermostat is stuck closed, water passages are blocked, etc), the gauge won't show an overheat, but the ECM will see it and go into RPM reduction (the real term, not 'Limp mode').

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”