Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fusion Apollo

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Fusion Apollo

Postby pepmyster » April 30th, 2023, 7:52 am

Hi Guys. So, Just before we put the boat in the water, I started up all my systems after connecting the batteries. All my 120V work great and lots of power to my 12V panel. Start turning on the main systems, all good except for one. One I hold very close to my heart, the music. The Apollo will not turn on. Nada, nothing. Tried doing the reset as per Fusion, nothing. All types of thoughts going through my mind. So, double check all the breakers, all good. Remove the Fusion , check the harness for power, all good. Check the fuse on the Fusion, all good. Crap, that's not good. So, what I did was remove all the connectors in the back,main, ethernet, antenna. All connectors look perfect as the day I installed them. Reconnect the harnesses and such, then LIFE! Why? I have no clue. No connectors were loose or damaged. I'm thinking that this is more of a reset than holding the power button for 10 seconds. This is what happened to me so just passing it along.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Fusion Apollo

Postby Viper » April 30th, 2023, 8:27 am

Glad we're posting this sort of thing. All too often we probably come across these types of issues that we resolve before posting then don't bother or forget to take the time to pass on the experience but this sort of thing can be really helpful. Some may not have gone as far as you did and simply replaced the unit not knowing that going a little further may have solved the issue. So thanks for that pep :down:

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”