Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Starlink Roam Hardware More Affordable

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Starlink Roam Hardware More Affordable

Postby Midnightsun » May 1st, 2023, 7:30 am

This is in Canada. Just noticed Starlink roam (renamed from Starlink RV) dropped from $760 to $350 in Canada. Still will cost you $170 plus tax a month for the subscription but you can cancel and activate with no fees. Mine has been deactivated for the winter but will re-activate as soon as we hit the water. https://www.starlink.com/roam
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Starlink Roam Hardware More Affordable

Postby Viper » May 2nd, 2023, 8:22 am

Midnightsun wrote:This is in Canada. Just noticed Starlink roam (renamed from Starlink RV) dropped from $760 to $350 in Canada. Still will cost you $170 plus tax a month for the subscription but you can cancel and activate with no fees. Mine has been deactivated for the winter but will re-activate as soon as we hit the water. https://www.starlink.com/roam
Don't know how long the deal was on for but I just checked and it's back to $759 for the hardware. :confused:

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 2nd, 2023, 9:41 am

Yesterday it was definitely @ $350, I know for sure because I ordered one. Now why would I order another one? I needed another cable and the cable alone is over $150. I am just about to cut up my existing Starlink to flat fit it to my satellite tower so IF I screw this up and damage the dish I would need to order a new one and at that price I figured I should just do it which in hindsight was a smart move. Looks like May 1st was the last day. If I do not screw it up I will sell it to you for $500 in an unopened box. :-D
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 2nd, 2023, 4:59 pm

Ya I saw the sale yesterday, went to show a customer today and of coarse is over :angry: Figures

Canada
Merkinbrumsky
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 Carver Voyager

Postby Merkinbrumsky » May 2nd, 2023, 7:24 pm

I’ve been using an android box for a couple years now. In the marina I run it off wifi, on the run I run it off a hotspot from my iPhone. $150 for hardware, $150/year to keep it updated. Every channel you could imagine, and yes you get local tv as well. Every channel Rogers cable provides :captain:

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 2nd, 2023, 8:00 pm

We recently switched to Bell Fibe and I must say my wife is very pleased as she is the one who watches and records most. Their layout is nice, no need for receivers as everything is cloud based including recordings. We use a firestick plugged into all out TVs including the ones on the boat. One platform allows us to view any streaming service plus with the bell app everything we have at home as long as we remain in the country. The little remote control is bluetooth so it does work extremely well and pairs easily with any TV.

We also have an android box which we usually use when we travel, (my wife is with her daughter in Cuba right now and has it with her, sure miss her, had kraft dinner for supper tonight. :-D ) works well no matter where we are in the world with something like 3,000 channels not to mention all our local channels which is important to my wife as she is French. I do bring it to the boat in the summer however with Bell, Netflix (going to see how that will work with the new rules) and Prime video, we are more than saturated when it comes to choice.

This is my Android box, $25 a month. A little bigger than a deck of cards, no fuss, just works all the time except for an update here and there. https://www.arubox.tv/en/home/
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » November 5th, 2023, 6:38 am

Starlink roam is on sale again in Canada down to $499 from $750. Suggest you do not hesitate since last time I posted a sale it ended next day. https://www.starlink.com/roam?referral=%20RC-1002-98582-6&utm_source=google%20paid%20search
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”