Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2000 396 AC - air conditioner not draining

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Re: 2000 396 AC - air conditioner not draining

Postby tgebler » August 19th, 2019, 2:38 pm

UPDATE TO AC PROBLEM.

I located the access. Actually had to remove the cabinet. When I did, I cleaned the condensate drain but this did not correct the leaking problem. It appears the water is coming from the unit but I cannot see the source. It must be water from the river but I can see the ingress and egress lines and the leak is not at the connection. There is a pretty significant leak somewhere near the connection between the unit and air duct. To make matters worse, I cannot locate anyone in the Pittsburgh area who services marine AC. I may have to replace the unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Topic author United States of America
tgebler
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2000 396 AC

Postby tgebler » August 19th, 2019, 2:44 pm

UPDATE.

I located the access which required the removal of the cabinet where th intake is located. Unfortunately, the problem is not the condensate drain. The water is coming from the area near where the unit connects to the air duct blowing cold air. The connects for the seawater and the discharge are not the location of the leak. Any thoughts? I may have to but a new unit and I have been looking on-line. Also, can't find anyone in the Pittsburgh area who services marine AC although I found someone who can install a new unit.

As always, I am looking for any suggestions.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » August 19th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Is it leaking while it's running? Could it be condensed water because of the cold airflow?

United States of America
dwynalda
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 444

Postby dwynalda » July 20th, 2023, 4:19 pm

I am assuming you found the access for this. You reach inside the countertop assembly (once you take the grate / intake out. You undo like six screws that hold the entire cabinet in the corner and the counter/cabinet etc all slide out toward the steps. Now you have full access to the air conditioner (although still not comfortably). I also moved out the first of the furniture pieces so as to make the corner even easier to get into. I have the same problem - but still haven't figured out how to replace the tray without pulling the AC entirely (and not sure how to do that -- yet)

United States of America
paulr
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 396 CY Aft Cabin 2001 8.1 Crusaders

Postby paulr » July 20th, 2023, 6:08 pm

I have a 2001 396. I have not done this yet but the access to the solon air conditioner is through starboard salon aft base cabinet.
The other side of the air condition (they say) is to take the cabinet walls apart in the starboard aft state room closet next to the stairs.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”