Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Ac intake water valve location

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Buggin321
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 3227

Ac intake water valve location

Postby Buggin321 » May 21st, 2024, 12:40 pm

Quick and easy question. Newbie here and looking to turn on ac system. Where is the intake water valve located thank you

1988 3227

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Ac intake water valve location

Postby g36 » May 21st, 2024, 10:13 pm

I don't know your specific boat however I will suggest you pull up every floor access panel you can find and take a light and find all your seacocks and familiarize yourself with what is under each one. You should easily be able to locate this ac seacock there will be a pump withn close proximity to it. In case of an emergency you will also have the knowledge of your boat to possibly prevent a disaster.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » May 21st, 2024, 10:41 pm

Most likely in the engine room, and usually forward on the engines.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 22nd, 2024, 7:51 am

Buggin321 wrote:Source of the post Quick and easy question. Newbie here and looking to turn on ac system. Where is the intake water valve located thank you

1988 3227

Welcome to the forum, find your AC unit and follow the hose is the simple answer. On that particular boat there is a hidden access under the mid cabin bed mattress that many don't find, not sayin it is there just a little info.

Good luck with the new boat.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » May 22nd, 2024, 11:19 am

Should be close to the shower sump box. That box is where your AC condensate flows to. Small hatch near the galley and/or head. You may need a flashlight to see it. Do you have the owners manual? There should be a diagram of water pick up for AC, as well as engine water pick ups. Good luck. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » May 22nd, 2024, 10:27 pm

g36 wrote:Source of the post I don't know your specific boat however I will suggest you pull up every floor access panel you can find and take a light and find all your seacocks and familiarize yourself with what is under each one. You should easily be able to locate this ac seacock there will be a pump withn close proximity to it. In case of an emergency you will also have the knowledge of your boat to possibly prevent a disaster.

Best advice and I will add, Carver gets real creative in hiding access panels. Look under berths as well. On my boat, I even have some panels hidden under carpeting. Previous boat, I had a panel inside a galley cabinet and a small one underneath the step going down to the galley. Find ALL your thru hulls, bilge pumps, sump pumps and identify any and all hoses, where they start from and where they end and their purpose. Knowing all this now will come in handy someday if and when the s..t hits the fan.

United States of America
boh50
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby boh50 » May 23rd, 2024, 9:37 am

Check near the AC compressor or follow the hoses from the AC system, you should spot it.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”