Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Leaking Water Regulator Inlet - Is Your Bilge Wet?

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
After Taxes
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 'After Taxes'
2004 Carver Mariner 360
Lake Simcoe & Georgian Bay,
Ontario, Canada

Leaking Water Regulator Inlet - Is Your Bilge Wet?

Postby After Taxes » May 21st, 2015, 9:06 pm

Sometimes, it's a good idea to pop your hatches and just look around down there. Here's an annoying water line drip that made my bilge wet.

With the shore water hose hooked up and turned on, we have pressurized fresh water at the slip. But quietly, there was an unseen drip from behind the water regulator - you know, the thing that you screw your shore water hose to. It looks like this:

Behind this regulator, the fresh water inlet line is attached, with a simple threaded collar. You can see the threaded portion where the collar is tightened on, in this photo:

Just remove the four screws holding the regulator in place. Lift it up gently and check the fitting behind for tightness.

The threaded collar on my line was simply loose, probably from the last ten years of vibration, and I believe the previous owner was unaware of this issue. Why? The area below the regulator had water stains, and it was promoting rust on some metal parts below, which I've touched up with WD-40 oil. A simple twist of the collar to ensure tightness was all that was needed. No more leaks!

Be nice to your bilge. Have a peek down there.
2004 Carver Mariner 360
MerCruiser MX 6.2
Lake Simcoe, Ontario

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”