Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Funny but informative story...

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Funny but informative story...

Postby Seif911 » June 21st, 2013, 9:00 am

So I had my sewage tank pumped like a month ago. My son recently filed the whole thin up with water, what can u do? I told everyone, no toilet until I get it pumped out again. It was so full that I had to scoop out pee and water from the toilet to keep it off the floor.

Yesterday I went to get it pumped out again. Nothing would pump out. They said it was empty. I knew that was not possible. I dig around, looked under the floor, looked under the frig and found a pump. It is the macerator pump. It pumps my full 9 gallon tank to a much larger tank under the floor where it can be pumped out.

Ok feeling stupid but thankful that I now know how to work that part :)
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

United States of America
AaHubb
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: '99 404 CPMY
my twin diesel pusher

Re: Funny but informative story...

Postby AaHubb » June 21st, 2013, 9:44 am

That seems like an odd setup. Does it look like it was installed by the factory or after?
'99 404 CPMY
SeaDragon

Topic author United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Re: Funny but informative story...

Postby Seif911 » June 21st, 2013, 10:00 am

It does kind of seem like factory. When you look at the toilet, it sits on a small tank, maybe 5-9 gallons. The bigger tank in below the kitchen, maybe 20? There is a keyed switch that turns the macerate pump on when the toilet tank is full. Now just maybe, the boat is so old that in those days, they just ran the macrator pump and dumped into the lake? Got me?

I was a little fearful to operate that pump. I had everybody watching the sides of the boat, even though I already followed the piping from one tank to another. It's all good now.
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”