Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Toilet trouble

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Toilet trouble

Postby Viper » April 20th, 2018, 7:34 am

Here is the manual for the Crown head with a parts breakdown and part numbers. I think this is the one you.
http://raritaneng.com/pdf_files/crown_head/L91v0307%20Crown%20Head%20CD%20Series%20Manual.pdf

United States of America
The Dash
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 Carver 42Aft Cabin

Postby The Dash » April 21st, 2018, 12:01 pm

Thank you very much Viper! Yes, we love our boat, it is a floating condo, where we do not pay for all the crazy maintenance fees but get to enjoy the views. And we do cruise also. Life is good. We ( :captain2: husband of course) will tackle this problem and will let you know how we do. Of course wife wants new toilet, but as BOAT stands for those thousand of $$$ we want (husband) to do in house fixes first. Any ideas where would be the best place to buy the impeller and duckbill valve...are they generic. Given the age of the boat we find it quite challenging to search for spare parts!

United States of America
The Dash
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1987 Carver 42Aft Cabin

Postby The Dash » April 21st, 2018, 12:09 pm

Viper, we ( as in :captain2: husband) will tackle the toilet and will reach out with any further questions. We do love our boat...You are very helpful..thanks

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » April 21st, 2018, 12:28 pm

Any retailer should be able to get the proper Raritan parts from one of their suppliers. Give them the part numbers noted i the manual I posted. Don't think there is a generic duckbill valve but they may be able to come up with a matching impeller of a different brand.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » April 21st, 2018, 8:39 pm

Make this easy on yourself. You can buy a rebuild kit for that head that has all the parts you need.
We used to have a Carver 3807 with 2 Raritan Crowns and I did this for both of them. Anyone comfortable with turning a wrench can do it. It's not rocket science.

United States of America
Kentuckeywest
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Santego 27

Postby Kentuckeywest » June 29th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Just got an 88 model Santego 27,. It came off a river where I'm finding out that a lot of people discharge overboard. I tried to pump out at the marina with no luck. I'm assuming there is a Y valve that I need to switch but I can't find it. The toilet is like an RV model it has a foot pedal that pumps in water and a ball looking device to drop waste into a tank in the base. The pump out is in the bow. Thanks for help!!

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”