Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Re: 06 Carver 41 CMY Aft HVAC Issues

Postby Lyndon670 » September 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm

If you hold down the "fan" button, it will cycle from automatic mode into manual mode and then through each fan speed. I think on mine it starts at "1" and goes up to "6".

Get a infrared thermometer and measure the air coming out of the vent. The thermometers are cheap to buy now on Amazon and are handy for a bunch of other things. It would be better to know exactly what "moderately cool" means numerically before we can offer a suggestion.

Also, there is a reversing valve on top of the unit that can get stuck. You can gently tap on it with a mallett and it may become "unstuck".
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » September 15th, 2017, 7:09 am

Have you cleaned the mesh filter on the intake of the unit? they do get blocked rather quickly and cut down the cooling ability almost to non existent.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
Helmsman
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: Temporarily Boatless

Postby Helmsman » November 9th, 2017, 5:10 pm

I put a few pool tablets in mine this spring, ran the AC awhile, and fixed the same type,problem. Wasn’t a problem with the fan, but wouldn’t cool very well.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”