Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Replacing shower fixture

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Antapostol
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 36 aft cabin

Replacing shower fixture

Postby Antapostol » June 6th, 2018, 11:33 am

I have a 1990 36 Aft cabin. I want to replace my shower faucet fixture. I cannot locate an access panel to get behind the shower wall to remove the fixture.

Does someone know how to access the back side of the shower wall to replace the shower control fixture?

A video would be great! I can’t find one on the web.

Cheers,

Anthony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Re: Replacing shower fixture

Postby SanJuanDreamer » June 6th, 2018, 12:02 pm

I dont have the same, but from working with my shower faucet, I would think you probably need to remove the hot\cold knobs and shower hose which may allow to remove the cover. Behind the cover you might find the screws holding the entire faucet in place.

Pull the entire faucet system out to find where the water connections are. Doubt there is a back way...like a house faucet sytem.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » June 6th, 2018, 1:26 pm

I doubt there are screws under the cover. That looks like the same faucet I have. You need to get to the back to take the nuts off, just like on a sink. There must be a panel somewhere.

Is that the head in the aft cabin? Mine still had the tub, so the configuration is different.

Topic author United States of America
Antapostol
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1990 36 aft cabin

Postby Antapostol » June 8th, 2018, 11:06 am

Thanks gentlemen! I located a small access panel and was able to replace the fixture.

United States of America
beaty3
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 56 Voyager Pilothouse

Postby beaty3 » June 20th, 2021, 2:58 pm

I have a 2004 56 Carver and I'd like to know how the faucet comes apart as well?

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”