Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2001 444 CPMY fresh water system

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Foster15
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 444 cockpit motor yacht

2001 444 CPMY fresh water system

Postby Foster15 » June 25th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Hi. New schurflo aqua king II 4 gal per min fresh water pump. Does not provide steady flow; cycles continually (no accumulator tank). Better as more faucets opened. Why am I not getting steady flow? Pump too big?

Other than galley, hot water flow very weak; even on shore water (galley not great). Almost no flow. Faucets have been replaced with home type spout faucets with no aerators. Best flow overall is cold water wet bar faucet (stock) on bridge.

Any thoughts? Appreciate any insights.
Foster 15
444 CMY 2001
Racine, WI

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 2001 444 CPMY fresh water system

Postby bud37 » June 25th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Yea might be a bit big but should work ok, check any valving you might have at the water heater...maybe bypass valves not closed and open properly, and on the pump suction side, there may be a screen between the pump and tank, check that is clean and the valve there is wide open and no restriction at the tank outlet to the pump inlet, one more, check volts at pump..
You could quite simply have a kinked line somewhere, maybe climb around and have a look..thats all I got , good luck man....
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 25th, 2018, 11:10 pm

My thinking would be if there is room to add an accumulator tank. It will make a world of difference in how the pump and system work. On my boat I had to replace a seal on my accumulator tank because of a leak. While waiting to fix it I by-passed the accumulator and it was horrible how the system performed.

Much better once I reconnected the accumulator.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » June 26th, 2018, 6:54 am

this unit doesnt need a accummulator to work properly. what you may have to do is adjust the by-pass and or pressure switch on the front of the new shurflo pump. if you look in your pump manual it will mention which allen screws to adjust and which way yo turn them. pay attention to what direction and how much you turn it so if you mess up you can go back to i ts oem set point. adjusting this will get rid of the low flow and the cycling on the pump. these do work great but out of the box i had to adjust mine some too.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”