Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Placement of Air Conditioning unit 32' Aft Cabin 3207

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
pdsmd
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 32' 1984 Carver Aft-Cabin, Model 3207

Placement of Air Conditioning unit 32' Aft Cabin 3207

Postby pdsmd » August 20th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Can anyone help with information on the location of factory AC unit on a 1984 3207 Aft Cabin Cruiser? I have owned the vessel for 31 years and would like to consider installing an AC unit. Nort sure of what space to sacrifice for the AC.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Re: Placement of Air Conditioning unit 32' Aft Cabin 3207

Postby buster53 » August 20th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Where the factory put the unit and where it is easy to install aftermarket might be 2 different locations. Instead of figuring out what the factory did, think it through. Where will it fit? How easy it it to run ducts? Where can you put a new thru hull and water pump for water intake that is close to the unit? Will your electric panel handle an extra 12-15 amps and maybe 25 amps for start up?

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Placement of Air Conditioning unit 32' Aft Cabin 3207

Postby km1125 » August 21st, 2018, 11:45 am

I'm doing the same thing to a 83 3607. I got a used unit from a friend and going to install it in the aft cabin.

Some folks on here have 3207s and should be able to provide some advice and some pics. On mine I just need to figure out how to box in the space where the unit is mounted. I have already drilled the holes for some of the ducting.

On mine, the aft is the hardest to install. The V-berth and the salon units already have the ducting holes drilled out and capped from the factory, but I don't have units to go in there yet (and may never).

On the power, you will have to manage your power or install a second 30A inlet. I temporarily tied mine into the stove breaker, you so you can't use the stove at the same time the A/C is on - but that's a simple workaround and we don't use the stove very often or for very long when we do.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”