Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

325 Carver Marine Air Passport II

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: 325 Carver Marine Air Passport II

Postby Viper » August 29th, 2018, 3:12 pm

As Tom mentioned, just to clarify, you are looking for a separate control box that is not part of an actual AC unit. It may be close to one depending on where your units are located but this box is separate and will have wiring going to it from each AC unit on board. Typically a white box about 10"x10"

Topic author United States of America
nazinteck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 325 Carver Aft with twin Gas TB350 XLi engines

Postby nazinteck » August 29th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Thanks Viper. I have located that box in the bilge near my water pump and it is indeed separate from both AC units. The circuit board in that box seems to be called the Power Relay Board. The 110v from the boat CB panel for the AC water pump terminates there and the AC source for the AC water pump comes of the terminal board. It is where I read the zero volts yesterday to the pump last night. I will re-check the AC V readings again with both AC units running and calling for the pump to engage electrically at the pump terminal. I also want to make sure all my other wires in the system are secure as well. Whatever the problem is, it is common to both units as neither will cool, but they both do operate. The pump also works outside the "system." If I have 110V from the breaker box and then nothing at the terminal for the water pump, I suspect it is a circuit board problem. If that is the case I will try to find the relay and replace it IF I can find one. Thanks all. I appreciate the help.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » August 29th, 2018, 6:27 pm

If its as hot there as it is here this week, a temp fix to provide you a/c would be to bypass the board by connecting the CB pump feed to the pump wires. Let it run and turn of the breaker when not running the ac until you get a new relay.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » August 29th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Been there done that. I had a pump go once on a previous boat. Hooked up an aquarium pump :blush: as a temp fix until I was able to get the real thing. Worked just as good.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

nazinteck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby nazinteck » August 30th, 2018, 8:11 am

Great idea. I will do that as the 10 day going forward looks hot and humid!

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » August 30th, 2018, 9:43 am

On my temporary A/C hook up for my aft cabin, I just have the pump on a separate circuit. I plug that in and let it run and then turn the A/C on and the A/C will cycle on the thermostat but the water pump just continues to run.

Because it's running continuously, you might want to check and clean the strainer more often.

United States of America
Keith S
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 38 Super Sport

Postby Keith S » September 2nd, 2018, 2:22 pm

If the board is bad, check out flightsystems.com for repairing the boards for less $$

nazinteck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby nazinteck » September 4th, 2018, 9:19 am

My 325 Carver has an OEM separate circuit for the AC pump, so I directly wired the pump to the 110V source and the system worked fine this weekend. i appreciated the work-around tips as it was very hot and very humid this weekend. So I now have a bad pump relay board. I have a MarineAir Series III Pump Relay as identified on the board. I plan to look for a replacement online today and also look into the flightsystems.com repair service that Keith S suggests above. I would like this operational prior to haul-out.

nazinteck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby nazinteck » September 4th, 2018, 1:33 pm

I found a good source for replacement AC Pump Relays. Micro Air is the manufacturer of relays for several brands of AC. I spoke directly with the engineer staff there and they recommended their P/N 111 as a direct replacement board based on the markings of my current CB. So I ordered it from their web site www.microair.net. Since the customer deals directly with the manufacturer the board cost $98.00. Shipping is two business days through USPS at an additional $14.03.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » September 5th, 2018, 9:45 am

i've had good dealings with microair also. thanks for posting your findings and results
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”