Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

350 Mariner Fresh water leak

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
650Guy
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Re: 350 Mariner Fresh water leak

Postby 650Guy » October 28th, 2018, 10:43 am

My cheers to you sir! Just sitting on her now and did that. Major difference!!!

Great Britain
Peter
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 38ss 2007

Postby Peter » November 20th, 2018, 2:58 pm

What about pooring food dye in holding tank or down shower 1 x1 to try source the leak

United States of America
Blake
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 350

Postby Blake » July 16th, 2019, 6:18 am

Hey 650Guy, did you ever find the leak?

We have 2002 350 with same concern. Leaning towards fresh water tank or lines and pull out 5 gallons from front bilge. Tank seems to lose water so starting process of elimination.

Last weekend water pump would run but wouldn’t maintain water flow from faucets.

Topic author United States of America
650Guy
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » July 17th, 2019, 9:01 am

So my issue I'm 99.9% sure is the hot water tank. Funny you should ask as it is scheduled to arrive today!!! I narrowed down my search by isolating sections of the system. It has been a LONG and drawn out process as I would install a shut-off at a "T" or connection then have to pressurize the system and wait a day or so to see if I was collecting water or not. I started on the cold water side and isolated the Port side of the boat. When that began to collect water did the Port side... Then repeated for the hot water. It got down to me installing the shutoff entering INTO the hot water tank, and I got no additional water collecting. Then installed it EXITING the hot water tank and... BOOM! water was collecting.

So new tank arrives today, very excited to install it and have a dry forward bilge again!!

If I don't ... there is always vodka to help me through!! hahahaha. Good luck with your issue, it sounds like yours may be a bit more extensive as mine was a very slow leak. Does your pump cycle?

United States of America
Blake
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 350

Postby Blake » July 19th, 2019, 6:19 am

The bilge pump cycles. My fresh water tank is empty (explains why pump ran without pressure, so gauge is not correct) so if there is water today then that rules that out. the gauge showed just under half full.

I will use only shore water this weekend and see if any water. But yours sounds like much slower accumulation.

Good luck on yours!

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”