Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

A/C Removal on Mariner 3297

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
gotjeepzj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 Mariner 3297

Re: A/C Removal on Mariner 3297

Postby gotjeepzj » June 7th, 2019, 9:01 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post Have you removed the return air grill? Is that too small of a hole to get the unit out?

The dinette looks like a nice one-piece unit... is it possible that whole thing is removable and then the panel on the backside of the galley comes off? (looks like I can see screws in the upper right corner of that panel in the pic)

Those screws are just on a trim piece that covers the actual screws. But I would have to unglue the acrpet from the floor and wall to access the other screws. I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

gotjeepzj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby gotjeepzj » June 7th, 2019, 9:11 am

km1125

those screws attach a trim piece that covers the actual screws. To access all the mounting screws, I'd need to unglue the carpet from both the floor and the walls. I'm trying to avoid that if possible. I will take some more pictures later and show you exactly what I'm looking at.

tomschauer

I have not looked at the inside of the panel the return air is on. That would make sense if I could just remove that side. I'll check and post pictures.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Postby waybomb » June 7th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Also looks as if removing the sink, the thing could lift out, maybe.
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 7th, 2019, 8:31 pm

What is under the seat cushion that is up against the cabinet area.....on later ones I think there might be a storage bin that is removable then you climb in there.....??
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

gotjeepzj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby gotjeepzj » June 9th, 2019, 11:03 pm

After further review it looks like I may be able to take the outer wall off. Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gotjeepzj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby gotjeepzj » June 10th, 2019, 8:44 am

Sorry about the pictures. For some reason it rotates them 90* counter clockwise whenever they're posted.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 10th, 2019, 8:58 am

gotjeepzj wrote:Source of the post Sorry about the pictures. For some reason it rotates them 90* counter clockwise whenever they're posted.

It's the way you are holding the phone/camera when the pic is taken, there is a digital signature that is applied to the pics that orients the pics back to the way they were taken......your camera/phone will always show them the right way though.Try taking the pic with the phone rotated 90.....good luck with your wall, seems very hard to get that thing out.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

gotjeepzj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby gotjeepzj » June 10th, 2019, 11:12 am

bud37 wrote:Source of the post
gotjeepzj wrote:Source of the post Sorry about the pictures. For some reason it rotates them 90* counter clockwise whenever they're posted.

It's the way you are holding the phone/camera when the pic is taken, there is a digital signature that is applied to the pics that orients the pics back to the way they were taken......your camera/phone will always show them the right way though.Try taking the pic with the phone rotated 90.....good luck with your wall, seems very hard to get that thing out.

If I'm taking the picture with the camera vertical, should I rotate it 90* to the right so it will rotate it back when I post it?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 10th, 2019, 2:48 pm

gotjeepzj wrote:Source of the post If I'm taking the picture with the camera vertical, should I rotate it 90* to the right so it will rotate it back when I post it?

Give it a try ,sounds like it would work..... post it and check on the preview to see what happens, you can always change it around to find the right way.......

gotjeepzj
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby gotjeepzj » April 6th, 2020, 11:14 pm

Update...I had to remove the panel with the air vent and fight like hell to get it out. The new (to me) 2006 a/c is installed and working great.

Now I need to figure out how to install a thermostat and get rid of these knobs

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”