Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

A/C stops A/Cing....

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: A/C stops A/Cing....

Postby mjk1040 » June 16th, 2019, 5:05 am

Make sure the condenser filters are clean and condenser is clean. Sounds like the unit is freezing up to me and shutting down. A trick to try when it fails again is to turn the heat on for a while, then switch it back to cool and see if that gets it working again before replacing the control board.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Topic author United States of America
650Guy
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » June 24th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Well, the verdict was in, The board was bad and had to replace the unit. For the most part went well. Had to run a new line from the unit to the touch pad. I'll do a new string with all the details if anyone has to do the same issue on a 350 mariner. Maybe someday my pain can help someone else out... :).

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » June 25th, 2019, 12:56 am

Did you replace the complete ac unit or just the control board?

Topic author United States of America
650Guy
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » June 25th, 2019, 8:03 am

I replaced the entire unit. During my troubleshooting, Found an arching wire on the compressor and my board bad, as well as the air was not as cold as it should have been. there was enough evidence for me to think, If I just do the board, in a couple months I may be doing the compressor... and who know's what else. So I just did the entire unit. Replaced it with a Marin Aire (NOT Martin Aire as they are part of Dometic now. That was the unit that was installed originally). This is the unit that I went with.

https://www.marinaire.com/Marine-air-co ... ba16k2.htm

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”