Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

396 Aft waste tank hose access

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

United States of America
paulr
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 396 CY Aft Cabin 2001 8.1 Crusaders

Re: 396 Aft waste tank hose access

Postby paulr » May 20th, 2023, 9:02 am

Thanks for the detailed post. It has given me hope that I can fix a serious problem on my recently acquired 2001 396.
I can't pump out the aft waste tank as the vacuum pump just seem to suck air. I checked the inspection plate under to deck plateand it is connected. Looks like I need to follow it all the back to the tank.
Does anyone have experience with this particular hose?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 20th, 2023, 1:05 pm

Hoses can get kinked over time with the heat cycles etc.......here is a stupid question maybe, but, have you checked the tank itself.......maybe all hard from disuse, or already empty.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
paulr
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 396 CY Aft Cabin 2001 8.1 Crusaders

Postby paulr » June 11th, 2023, 9:07 pm

I just replaced a portion of the deck waste overboard pump out hose.
The reason being it did not work, it sucked air. (this is the first time I tried to use as I just recently bought the boat). The connection to the rigid PVC pipe to the pump hose was not accessible so I cut the ridged pipe and glued in a new fitting.
See the photos of the access plate under the carpet in the aft state room closet.
The job took about 1-1/2 hours. I have a feeling Carver put the fittings in the wrong place because the fittings were not under the access plate in the closet.
No reason to mess with the exhaust hose. Now I can use both heads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”