Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1987, 3607 sea cock locations

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
RWS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1987 3607 aft

1987, 3607 sea cock locations

Postby RWS » December 4th, 2019, 2:08 am

looking for a little help to make sure I find all my sea cocks for winterizing . Our boat has electric heads, I assume there is a sea cock for each engine, the gen set, ac pump,sea water wash down and the 2 heads. Would that be 7 I need to find. Thank you in advance for helping. 1st year of boating and the help I have gotten here has be a God send.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 1987, 3607 sea cock locations

Postby bud37 » December 4th, 2019, 10:41 am

Quick question....... RWS are you winterizing for leaving the boat in the water all winter or will it be in the parking lot on stands etc ? Seems that you are on the right track, just make sure to have a real good look around, you never know what has been done before you got the boat, make a labelled diagram of everything you find and where it was found.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » December 4th, 2019, 12:41 pm

You list sounds good, but some of those might be combined.

I have an older 3607 (83). There is an engine seacock just ahead of each engine. I have one other seacock that is for both heads, and it is in front of the port engine. That seacock also feeds my one HVAC unit. I don't have a generator nor a washdown.

Topic author United States of America
RWS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1987 3607 aft

Postby RWS » December 4th, 2019, 12:43 pm

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Quick question....... RWS are you winterizing for leaving the boat in the water all winter or will it be in the parking lot on stands etc ? Seems that you are on the right track, just make sure to have a real good look around, you never know what has been done before you got the boat, make a labelled diagram of everything you find and where it was found.

we are in east Tennessee , it will be staying in the water

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”