Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

On-board WW Treatment

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
AskDrCaryn
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

On-board WW Treatment

Postby AskDrCaryn » December 30th, 2019, 3:05 pm

I’m looking at investing in an on-board waste-water treatment system such as an electric (e.g., Lectra/San) or a bacteria based system for my 1988 Carver 3807. Does anyone here have experience with this type of system?
1988 Carver 3807
Colonial Beach VA 22443
I'd rather be IN, ON, or UNDER the Sea than anywhere else on Earth!

United States of America
ColRon
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”

Re: On-board WW Treatment

Postby ColRon » December 31st, 2019, 6:48 pm

We have a Purasan system on our 89 Santego 3867. It was already installed when we brought it, but after having it, I would say it is worth the investment. No more worrying about full waste tanks and pump outs. Just make sure you can use one where you are located.
Ron
1989 Carver Santego 3867
“Escape Plan”
Murray, KY

:usa:

United States of America
Bubbastump13
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1988 3807 Aft Cabin w/ blueprinted gas 454's @ 450hp each

Postby Bubbastump13 » April 6th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Three words..."Don't Do It!". :banghead: (IMHO) These things are great in theory, but unless you're planning spending really long periods of time as a slip queen without leaving the marina or at sea or anchor with no re-fueling needs on the horizon, seldom do they offer any real benefits compared to costs and maintenance needs they bring, especially the short life-cycle on the plates and the need for almost complete overhauls after only short run times.

United States of America
Wsullivan71
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 Motor Yacht

Postby Wsullivan71 » April 16th, 2020, 9:52 am

I agree, don't waste (no pun intended) your money. New "no discharge" laws prevent pumping even treated wastewater overboard so there is no benefit.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”