Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Replacing water heater - 2000 C530

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
CaptFred
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 530 Voyager

Replacing water heater - 2000 C530

Postby CaptFred » March 2nd, 2020, 11:53 am

My water heater is rusted out and leaking on my 2000 Carver 530, I am going to replace it. Anyone have recommendations or suggestions on how to remove the old one and get the new one in? I'm thinking I may have to remove the outer housing of the tank. I may also be able to make it fit by removing a few things, but it's still going to be one heck of a tight squeeze. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Re: Replacing water heater - 2000 C530

Postby Tireless » March 2nd, 2020, 4:03 pm

Sounds like you are on the right path. Thats the problem when you have to remove big things from small holes.

United States of America
voyagerfan
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver Voyager 530

Re: Replacing water heater - 2000 C530

Postby voyagerfan » March 19th, 2020, 10:51 pm

If you have the Cummins engines with the water heater located in front of the stbd engine, I believe it can be removed if you first remove the Halon bottle in that area, perhaps the belt cover on the front of the engine and the tool chest. You may also have to temporarily relocate the ss support rod for the salon sole. With careful measurements and a helper it just might be possible. Plan B - cut it up in place and remove piece by piece, but you will have to get the replacement back in there without using Plan B. :-)
Thanks,

John
2000 Carver Voyager 530
Satisfaction
Grafton, Il

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”