Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Vacuflush vacuum breaker leak

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Vacuflush vacuum breaker leak

Postby tonyiiiafl » April 27th, 2020, 7:34 am

Getting a leak from the back of the vacu flush toilet. Probably had an issue over the winter, but who mows. When we step on the pedal we get water running down the supply tube. A mirror places the problem at teh vacuum breaker. Anyone ever replace one with the toilet in place? Does it just pull out and then press back in? I ordered the part and supply tube, just wondering what I am getting into.

Thanks!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Vacuflush vacuum breaker leak

Postby Midnightsun » April 27th, 2020, 8:50 am

Not really understanding your issue description but I did have to replace the foot pedal valve as it developed a leak. Rather easy job with just the water supply needing to be shut down and depressurised. Bought a spare which I carry on board as I do have 2 heads however the other one still has the original valve although it is the guest head which sees seldom use. I believe it is universal but do double check your model as I do not know what you have. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Domet ... SwtIdc5vcK
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

Postby tonyiiiafl » April 27th, 2020, 9:46 am

The foot pedal valve is OK. When stepping on the foot pedal to activate the valve, water goes up to the rear of the toilet to fill it. On the back there is a valve that is leaking. I am wondering how to replace. Does it just friction fit with a grommet? It is number 14 and 15 in the diagram. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » April 27th, 2020, 12:35 pm

The ones I've done have had Oetiker type crimp clamps on the lines but you could use regular hose clamps.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » April 27th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Here is a better view. https://marinesan.com/vacuum-breaker-small/ looks like a standard hose barb style so push on and clamped I have to assume.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”