Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

MarineAir 16,000 Capacitor

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
bmalmquist
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 370 Aft Cabin

MarineAir 16,000 Capacitor

Postby bmalmquist » May 4th, 2020, 11:45 am

All,
My salon Marine Air 16,000 is tripping the breaker as soon as it kicks in. My A/C Pump is running and both my Forward and Aft units are functioning fine. I read somewhere that it could be the startup capacitor but I am not sure where to start with that. Is there any advice out there for troubleshooting this sort of problem?
Thanks in advance.
Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: MarineAir 16,000 Capacitor

Postby tomschauer » May 4th, 2020, 2:42 pm

First check the resistance of the compressor windings. If any of the terminals C S or R have any reading to ground the compressor is shot. If that is the case, stop there and buy a new unit, not a compressor.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”