Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Port engine bildge???

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
CLARKSON
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver Mariner

Port engine bildge???

Postby CLARKSON » May 16th, 2020, 2:18 pm

My starboard and center bildge is dry..there is a hole that allows water from.l starboard side into center and the pump clears it out. ..there is no hole under port side..I have water fairly high in the port side after a washdown..

How does the port side pump out?? There is no hose or drain allowing the water to flow to the center area where batteries are located..

36 mariner.. 2006... thanks

Canada
Agriman
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 350 Mariner Twin 454 Crusaders

Re: Port engine bildge???

Postby Agriman » May 16th, 2020, 4:58 pm

I have a limber hole on my 350 Mariner near the aft on the port side. It drains (when moving) into the area of the generator battery where another bilge pumps does the job. Maybe the limber hole has plugged with debris.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Port engine bildge???

Postby bud37 » May 16th, 2020, 8:05 pm

CLARKSON wrote:Source of the post How does the port side pump out?? There is no hose or drain allowing the water to flow to the center area where batteries are located..

Is the limber hole on the stbd side at the forward end of the bilge. Mine is like that but there is a bilge pump discharge hose going thru it. The port side drains oddly enough to the center thru a hole under the generator. then forward or back.

Try to get your deck plates sealed better at the forward end and if you have the drains going to the stainless catch pan just under the deck,....make sure they are clear and that catch pan drain out is also clear as water will overflow there. That is how ours is ( 2001)....perhaps yours has a better system as it is newer.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”