Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Mariner 350 a/c airflow

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author United States of America
Blake
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 350

Mariner 350 a/c airflow

Postby Blake » May 27th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Greetings all, hope you and yours are all well in this situation.

We have a 2002 Mariner 350 which we love!

The a/c in the cabin (above bench and near table) blows strong and cold to the point we almost need to turn a/c up or off.

However the airflow in the berth is very low and it never gets cool enough in the berth.

Has anyone figured a way to improve airflow in berth?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Mariner 350 a/c airflow

Postby bud37 » May 27th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Heh there...have you cleaned the screens in the return air duct in the ceiling by the hanging locker ? The other thing to check is behind the jump seat, under the dash....have a quick look at the ducting in there , maybe something was stored and crushed or kinked it, as it is just insulated flex hose. In mine there were some holes here and there from who knows what.....the silver sticky metal type duct tape works well for this.

Try adjusting the air outlets as well.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » May 27th, 2020, 3:24 pm

I think bud37 hit the nail on the head. I hope he did, the other option would call for a recharge or a new compressor.

Fingers crossed.

Greg

Topic author United States of America
Blake
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 Carver 350

Postby Blake » May 27th, 2020, 5:51 pm

Hey bud37 nice to hear from you.

Yes I cleaned the screens on the returns and checked that vents are open.

It almost seems like there should be a diverter somewhere since one area blows like a hurricane and the berth has very low flow.

I’ll climb in and look at the air tubes the weekend.

Thanks!

United States of America
650Guy
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 2003 Carver 396 Motor Yatch
370 Cummins

Postby 650Guy » May 27th, 2020, 8:50 pm

I had an 03 Mariner and replaced the A/C unit.

There is a "manifold" right where the A/C unit is and the blower pumps out. It's a box right off the fan. Its pre-set to distribute the air, or should I say divide it. Because this is kinda Hard coded, I don't think the diverter would be your cause.

I would climb up behind that fwd bench seat and find out if there is a crimped hose. Right there is the big main hose that feeds the main salon, and there is an off-shoot that is smaller that will manage the fwd V. When I did mine, I found the main line which was supposed to be zip tied to the top of the compartment so as to not crimp, fallen down and pinching the airflow.

I would think if you spend about 5 mins in there you might just find pinched line.

Good Luck!

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”